- Applications Closed -
Applications to the Fiji Producers Accelerator Program have been extended until 4pm Monday 13th of March, 2023.
BACKGROUND OF THE CALL
The objective of this call is to support and accelerate Film projects in the development stage, equipping Producers with necessary skills needed to source financing and co-production partners for film, TV or documentary projects in Fiji.
The Fiji Producers Accelerator Program (FPAP) aims to jump-start a thriving base of film producers in Fiji, therefore supporting the development of a local Film and TV industry capable of portraying unique Fijian and local voices on the screen.
This program is an initiative by Film Fiji, with funding support from the ACP-EU Programme (European Union), facilitated by SPC – The Pacific Community.
The program will offer the following modules:
Financial workshops (budgeting and script break-down):
- These discussions will be tailored around the fundamental aspects of planning / creating and executing a production budget.
Co-production and Markets workshops:
- Producers will have the opportunity to understand the fundamental aspects of co-producing or producing a show/feature film/short film/documentary or animation with other media outlets, production houses or investors.
- Producers will learn about international film markets, events, funds, international co-production agreements, and other financing opportunities.
- Producers will be provided with the necessary tools required to present to producers, studios and other institutions to become partners in the development of their projects.
- Individuals will be coached on the various ways of pitching such as:
- The Elevator Pitch
- Pilot Pitch
- Show Bible
- Deck Building
DURATION AND EXECUTION OF THE PROGRAM
All programs will begin and end within the year 2023, according to what is indicated in the schedule and what is established in the respective Execution Agreement that you will sign in case you are selected.
MINIMUM CRITERIA FOR APPLICANTS
- Must be a Fiji citizen over 18 years of age
- Have a feature / short film / documentary / animation in development stages
- Have demonstrated a commitment to developing their filmmaking career (other film studies, other short films being produced, an active interest in working in the film industry)
- Have at least an entry-level knowledge of the film industry and film funding, production, distribution and exhibition mechanisms.
- Applicants must have a scripted project in development with a minimum of a completed synopsis
- Available to attend online and in-person workshops scheduled over a 4 to 5 month period
- Have a valid TIN and Bank Account number
- Have access to reliable internet
EVALUATION AND SELECTION
The evaluation process will be carried out by a committee of industry specialists and Film Fiji Representatives.
The evaluation stage will be carried out within a maximum period of 30 business days from the closing date of applications after which successful applicants will be contacted.
WHAT WILL I TAKE AWAY FROM THE PROGRAM?
The ultimate aim of the Fiji Producer’s Accelerator Program is to provide the necessary knowledge, training, resources and mentoring support for aspiring Producers by teaching budgeting, scheduling, pitching, and marketing skills that will assist in enhancing their project and taking it to the next level.
The deadline for applications is 4.00pm on Wednesday 8th March 2023.
The list of selected projects will be confirmed, and successful applicants will be contacted by the Film Fiji team by Wednesday 5th April 2023.
STAGES OF THE CALL:
- Applications are to be submitted by the scheduled deadline.
- Evaluation of applications will be carried out within 30 days from the closing date of applications.
- The final selection of successful candidates will be announced within 5 days of the final selection.
- Signing of Agreements will take place within 5 days of the successful candidates’ announcement.