Students are invited to paint or draw based on a certain theme. The last competition had almost 200 entries from 25 schools after which over 50 students were selected as finalists.
Following the same format as the last competition, the finalists will attend a one-day workshop and will be given all required materials to submit a final piece of artwork for judging by a panel. All submissions will be judged based on originality, creativity, theme and execution.
Schools will be awarded prizes in the following categories:
- Most Popular Art
- Best Painting – Winner
- Best Painting – Runner Up
- Best Drawing – Winner
- Best Drawing – Runner Up
- Best Art Piece – Winner
- Best Art Piece – Runner Up
The Art Competition will follow the same format as previously.
- Once a school registers for the Art competition, the competition is open to ALL students. They may enter as many times as they wish, using whatever medium they are confident with. There is no limit to the number of entries per student and/or school.
- Students participating in Round 1 will be required to submit original work with up to a half page (500 words maximum) explanation of what the piece is about.
- Shortlisted participants who make it to Round 2 will be required to attend a workshop after which the students will be asked to design an art piece for the final round of the competition. This piece must be submitted with a half page (500 words maximum) explanation of what their piece is about.
- All art pieces (for both round 1 and round 2) MUST have the artist’s full name, school and art description properly pasted at the back of their artwork (either handwritten or typed). Film Fiji will not be responsible for identifying the art pieces if this information is missing.
- All pieces must be the students’ original work. Teachers can only act in a supervisory role.
- An independent panel of judges will judge the final art pieces. The judges’ decision is final and no discussion will be entered into.
- Further details on the art competition will be provided closer to the allocated date.
- All art pieces must be delivered to the Film Fiji office.