Students are invited to paint or draw based on a certain theme. The last competition had almost 200 entries from 25 schools after which over 50 students were selected as finalists.
Following the same format as the last competition, the finalists will attend a one-day workshop and will be given all required materials to submit a final piece of artwork for judging by a panel. All submissions will be judged based on originality, creativity, theme and execution.
Schools will be awarded prizes in the following categories:
- Most Popular Art
- Best Painting – Winner
- Best Painting – Runner Up
- Best Drawing – Winner
- Best Drawing – Runner Up
- Best Art Piece – Winner
- Best Art Piece – Runner Up
The Art Competition will follow the same format as previously.
- Students will submit original work with up to a half page (500 words maximum) explanation of what the piece is about. (This is round 1)
- There is no limit to the number of entries per student and/or school.
- Shortlisted participants (qualifying for round 2) will be required to attend a workshop after which the students will be asked to design an art piece.
- Their piece will be submitted with up to a half page explanation (500 words maximum) of what it is about.
- This must be the students’ original work and teachers can only act in a supervisory role.
- An independent panel of judges will judge the final art pieces.
- The judges’ decision will be final.
- All art pieces (for both round 1 and round 2) MUST have the artist’s full name, school and art description properly pasted at the back of their artwork. This can either be typed or handwritten. Film Fiji will not be responsible for identifying the art pieces if this information is missing.
- Further details on the art competition will be provided later.
- Deadline for registration – Monday 26 February
- Deadline for submitting Art pieces (round 1) – Monday 14 May
- Deadline for submitting Artwork (round 2) – Wednesday 4 July
All Art pieces must be delivered to Film Fiji office.